What is the danger?
Tropical Storm Arthur is the first named storm of 2020, but poses no threat to Texas. Arthur comes just weeks before the start of the 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season on June 1. The storm is currently located over the open Atlantic and is expected to dissipate by mid-week.
- While Tropical Storm Arthur will not impact Texas, we are ramping up to the start of Hurricane Season.
- All residents should GET A KIT, MAKE A PLAN and STAY INFORMED on tropical weather.
GET A KIT
- Check your hurricane preparedness kit.
- Start picking up items you need now, before Hurricane Season starts.
- Do not forget about items for pets, babies and those with special medical needs.
MAKE A PLAN
- Review your family’s emergency plan, including what you will do if you stay or if you evacuate.
- Remember to take into account that social distancing is still needed for COVID-19.
- If you live in an evacuation zone (Zip Zone) and will need assistance evacuating for a storm that threatens our region, now is the time to call 2-1-1 or go online to register for assistance.
- Go to www.readyharris.org for hurricane preparedness information and to sign up for Ready Harris Alerts to stay informed.
- Follow trusted sources such as: National Weather Service Houston-Galveston, Harris County Flood Control District, and ReadyHarris.
Text CV19 to 888777 to receive COVID19 updates.
Where you can learn more: