Over 300 million people suffer from anxiety every year, with 18 million adults in the USA alone. It is normal to feel anxious at some point. It could be due to an upcoming big project or an important decision to make.
However, it becomes a serious disorder when it starts to attack all facets of your life. You may avoid family gatherings, work, school, and other social situations.
Luckily, you don’t need to fight this battle longer. Several treatment options, including Kratom, can treat anxiety and depression efficiently.
Here, we have chosen the best 3 Kratom for anxiety to help regain your quality of life, along with other essential information about this potent substance.
Best Kratom Strains for Anxiety Management
Kratom strains are usually available in three different colors – white, red, and green. White strain deals with depression, red strain manages other sources of pain, and green strain provides some mild balance. However, other health benefits are offered by them.
#1. Malay Kratom
Considered the best Kratom strain for focus and memory besides relieving anxiety. Malay (known as Malaysian Kratom) comes in White Vein, Red Vein, and Green Vein strains. Ideal to consume in a low to moderate range.
It is known for notably and substantial euphoric and long-term energetic effects. Users report pain relief, increased concentration, and energy, as well as elevated mood.
- White Vein – It is the most energetic and stimulating strain when taken in generous amounts.
- Red Vein – offers efficient effects for treating high pain and anxiety.
- Green Vein (Super Green Malaysian) – deemed to be the most powerful strain. It contains 40+ alkaloids with moderate to high pain respite, regulated energy effects, and mood-improving qualities.
Morning is usually the recommended time to take Kratom. The dosage should be ½ to 3 teaspoons. Upon ingesting, you may experience a level-headed, cool, and a steadier mood.
It’s like waking up from your bed after having a nine-hour sleep, feeling fully awake, and being ready to take on any work. Even when the clock strikes at the afternoon and night shift, you’ll still keep that ‘feeling.’ This is something that other strains lack.
Are There Negative Effects?
There can be side effects, yes, but it could be due to improper handling of Malay Kratom. Also, taking it more than the suggested amount could make you feel dizzy, edgy, and even make it hard for you to keep up with your thoughts.
Generally, Malay Kratom is a well-balanced strain ideal for people who work long hours and need a strong formula to keep them going. You can take it.
#2. Borneo Kratom
If you experience anxiety on a daily basis, Borneo Kratom is such a helpful aid. Credits go to the huge quantities of 7-hydroxymitragynine compounds. Once taken, you can feel calm every time anxiety disorders dominate your system.
- White Borneo – offers an excellent combination of pain-alleviating and stimulating effects with its high alkaloid concentration. It improves mood, boosts confidence, and encourages a sense of happiness.
- Red Borneo – provides calming and sedating effects; hence, relieving symptoms usually linked to anxiety. It can be used as a drink for relaxation. A small dosage is sufficient for average users.
- Green Borneo – regarded the best alternative for anxiety and even boost your confidence.
Are There Negative Effects?
Borneo even carries a risk of negative effects if taken hastily or disproportionately. Users may feel moderate itching, nausea, and dizziness. Again, these awful effects can be avoided with cautious use.
Do not consume an amount higher than 5.5 grams. Start with a much lower dosage as possible, approximately 1.5 grams. An increased dosage will then be applied if necessary.
Borneo Kratom is a potent strain, no doubt. White, red, and green Borneo have proved useful in the treatment of depression and anxiety. It’s always best to take them in the right dosage to prevent any side effects.
#3. Maeng Da Kratom
Another ancient and popular Kratom strains with its potency extent and therapeutic properties. It only has less alkaline content compared to Borneo and Malay, making it highly digestible.
But when it comes to the variant, Maeng Da Kratom contains higher amounts of mitraphylline, mitragynine, and 7-hydroxymitragynine. That’s why it is much stronger than other forms. You only need small dosages to see noticeable results.
- White Maeng Da – popularly known for its energizing effects. It has more flavonoids and alkaloids that help in giving stimulation and alleviating pain. Those with osteoarthritis, chronic backache, and other pains can also use this formula.
- Red Maeng Da – It is a potent strain that offers long-term effects. The calming aroma helps to relax your nerve and increase energy levels. It even treats insomnia and aids with opiate withdrawal.
- Green Maeng Da – It is known for its soothing effects and is used for therapeutic and medicinal purposes. The effects tend to kick in within ten minutes and last up to six hours or more.
You can pair Maeng Da with your morning smoothie, coffee, or meals to maximize its effects. Sedative effects can be experienced after two hours. The first effects are usually felt from ten to fifteen minutes.
Are There Negative Effects?
If overdosage or carelessness occurs, the possible side effects could be dizziness, nausea, jitters, stomach discomfort, and lethargy. Do not go beyond the prescribed amount as it can cause addiction and tolerance to the strain. If not, your body will surely suffer the consequences.
Overall, Maeng Da Kratom is an efficient strain for relaxation, stimulation, mood improvement, analgesic, plus psychological and emotional support effects. Dosing for anxiety and other chronic pain is mild to moderate.
How Does Kratom Work for Anxiety?
Kratom has been traditionally used for treating chronic pain and other ailments. It is a native tropical tree of Southeast Asia that came from Mitragyna speciosa plant leaves.
It has mind-shifting and psychotropic effects – eventually reducing the degree of pain that your body feels. Kratom is also known for other names like Thang, Biak, Ketum, and Kakum, so don’t be confused about them.
Experts strictly specify that it is not an opioid, although its effects have a resemblance to codeine, morphine, and other opioids. The only problem with taking opioids is that they can cause addiction to the substance. Not to mention, increasing the level of anxiety and depression further once overstimulated. This is where Kratom becomes a unique treatment.
There are over forty alkaloids contained, with 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine as the active ingredients. They are responsible for Kratom’s effects by connecting to opioid receptors within the brain. This, in turn, alleviates the pain. Similar effects are also activated, such as positive emotional response.
While Kratom has not yet been approved by the “U.S. Food and Drug Administration” for anxiety and depression treatment, a 2017 review and even previous users shared how it became beneficial in relieving anxiety and improving their mood.
Other proposed benefits include:
- Release Pain
Pain is the most typical condition that the leaves can treat, thanks to their calming effects. It is rich in alkaloids and analgesic properties that numb the body’s pain receptors. Also, the amount of dopamine and serotonin produced is increased, which makes you feel better in general.
- Improve Focus & Concentration
Taking a proper dosage of Kratom will stimulate the release of acetylcholine as well. It is a neurotransmitter that increases focus besides relieving muscle contraction, pain, and endocrine system regulation. Students and individuals with repetitious yet laborious work can specifically benefit from this.
- Boost Energy
If you want to kickstart your day with being productive, this botanical substance could be of utmost aid. It will buzz your spirit, enhance mental capacities, and, overall, get you physically alert and active. Hence, it can help you get tons of regular mundane tasks to do easier than before.
- Improve Immune System
Especially today, people need a robust immune system to prevent potential health risks. Good to know, there are immunity-boosting compounds present in the leaves. It’s even packed with antioxidants. People dealing with chronic fatigue syndrome can rely on it to execute their tasks better.
- Addiction Recovery
We’ve mentioned earlier that opioids can trigger addiction, but that’s not the case with Kratom. In fact, it can prevent and help you recover from substance addiction. It may interrelate with opiate reactors, though it doesn’t have long-term dependence even after prolonged use.
- Control Diabetes
Certain alkaloids stimulated in the Kratom leaves could help you modulate both the glucose and insulin levels in your blood. People with diabetes or obesity issues can also use this substance to help restrain their appetite for trigger foods like chocolate and sugar.
As clearly indicated, Kratom is more than just lessening the occurrences of anxiety. It’s generally about improving your emotional and physical health. That’s why it is an incredibly versatile substance. It could even aid with drug and alcohol withdrawal and trauma.
Consuming a recommended dosage of it will lift you – giving you positivity, energy, and focus that you essentially need to tackle problems and challenges.
The Best Way to Take Kratom for Anxiety
Kratom leaves are usually eaten either dried or fresh, boiled, and then consumed in a liquid form called tea.
However, it can be ingested in many different ways, including powder, tablets, and capsules. You can also include it in your food or mix with a beverage (e.g., milk, water, or juice) for much easier consumption.
- Kratom Powder
What makes powder a good ingestion alternative is that it has quick-acting effects, plus your pocket would surely appreciate its cost. But on the negative side, it might produce a strong taste. It’s also difficult to dose accurately – which means inconsistent mixture.
When using this method, simply spoon an adequate amount directly into your mouth. Wash it down with your favorite beverage. Or else, a glass of water will do the trick. Make sure to keep hydrated because Kratom is diuretic and can possibly cause dehydration.
The powder is too dry and tends to stick with the throat and mouth, causing a cough ‘blow’. You can avoid the same scenario by spooning out small quantities at a time. Repeat only one time to suit the desired dose.
- Kratom Pills/Capsules
Practicably the easiest and most convenient way to take Kratom, especially if you’re a busy person or travels a lot. You can keep the pills or capsules in your small bag, at your office, or in your desk without worrying about accurate dosages compared to powder.
This method is recommended for beginners. All you need to do is measure your dosage, put the capsules in your mouth, and swallow down with water.
They nearly have no taste and are less bang for the buck, which makes them a favorite alternative. However, the acting effects may take time since the dosage is often very minimal.
And since there are numerous versions of Kratom tablets and capsules, you’ll never know which one has chemicals, added flavors, or additives until you consume some. It could trigger side effects.
- Kratom Tea
The most conventional yet stimulating method available, brewing Kratom tea, can be made either cool or hot, depending on what you want. It offers agreeable effects. You can opt to add sweetener of any kind to improve the overall taste.
A squash of lemon juice might be ideal. If not, bring it to taste with stevia, honey, cinnamon, and sugar. Many people claim that the tea’s euphoric and mood-altering effects are greatly enhanced. Mainly because of fast absorption.
To prepare, measure your dosage, put in the boiling water, and allow it to simmer between 25 and 30 minutes. Then, drain the powder away. Drink while it’s hot or let it chilled first. The right dosage for Kratom tea is one gram for a very mild effect. 3 to 10 grams have moderate to strong effect.
- Kratom Extracts
Extracts still have flavors, but it enables you to avoid the sharp flavor of Kratom. These are concentrated, distilled versions of traditional extracts, commonly branded as FST or Full Spectrum Kratom.
The carrier alcohol or oil has been blended with plant-extracted alkaloids. The extraction method makes use of water, C02 solvents, or ethanol. It usually involves a specific amount of heating and sopping. Other natural flavors are added for a refined taste.
As for the benefits of sticking with extracts, the process is more convenient, plus the alkaloid content is higher. That means less product usage. Just add some drops of extracts to your drink or meal, and you’re great to go! There are a few downfalls, though. Kratom extracts have reported upset stomachs among users.
- Kratom with Food
Here, your options are boundless. You can mix Kratom with your favorite snacks or dessert, like ice cream. Let your creativity rule out the kitchen. Check out recipes online or seek help from someone to start with. Yogurt, custard, milkshake, and pastries are a perfect combination too, as long as they are semi-solid foods.
Or, how about in soap or oatmeal? It is a good method for expert users and novices alike. Simply measure out a dosage, pour the Kratom into the food, and mix up.
Other Ways to Take Kratom:
If these methods did not work to you or you find them less appealing, there are other ways we think could help unveil the unique flavor of this powerful substance:
- Chewing Leaves. If there are leaves growing in your neighborhood or the local area, pick some and chew on. It has been used during ancient times, so safe intake is assured. While quickest, it is not the most pleasing method. The major advantage, though, is that you get instant effects for pain relief.
- Smoke Up. If smoking is part of your routine, smoking up the Kratom could be the most relaxing, pleasant method you’ll find. Either smoke it in dry leaf or powder from a joint or pipe. Otherwise, combine it with a tea or herb for an added taste. You won’t feel the effects, though.
- Kratom smoothie. So, we’re calling all smoothie lovers out there to try this appetizing option. It is an excellent way to take Kratom while getting some vitamins, don’t you think? It’s also the time to let your smoothie recipe ideas flow into. Combining it with other ingredients, such as kale, mango, pineapple, or banana, will turn the strong taste into a delicate one.
- Kratom Juice. Another way to consume Kratom without putting in a lot of work is to mix it with orange juice. The juice itself already has several health benefits, so mixing these two would surely allow you to get plenty of health-promoting alkaloids. To prepare, measure your recommended dosage, mix with eight oz orange juice, stir around, and you’re ready to feel the nourishing effects.
- Kratom Chocolate. No one can’t say no to chocolates. Store-bought boxes may be good but preparing a homemade is better. Both chocolate and Kratom alkaloids have an excellent effect on the brain. Chocolate also offers massive benefits—for instance, its upbeat neurotransmitter dopamine and serotonin help boost mood. Making Kratom chocolate shouldn’t be complicated. You don’t even need to include other ingredients.
There’s no best way to take Kratom for anxiety. It depends on various factors, like what you mostly prefer and how your body reacts to the substance. But one thing’s guaranteed: these methods can help lessen the discomfort and pain caused by anxiety and promote a healthier lifestyle.
A powder Kratom or mixing it with other food or beverage could serve you best if the taste is what you’re more concerned about.
A Few Tips to Keep In Mind…
- For faster effects, take Kratom with an empty stomach. Your last meal should at least an hour ago. But to be safe, veteran users recommend waiting at least two to three hours.
- Record the actual time you dose, the amount of your dosage, and the effects you are feeling. Also, note down what you want to change.
- Keep your body well hydrated because Kratom is known to have dehydration effects, particularly if re-dosed. Have at least 16-ounce water/dose and more than 100-ounce water every day.
- When buying Kratom, ensure it is high-quality. Be picky and vigilant, especially if you’re considering to purchase online. Read Kratom strain reviews and check the company’s reputation in the market.
You Might Be Wondering What Do Kratom Tastes Like?
To give you a little idea, Kratom’s flavor is described as leafy, grassy, and herbal. People whose palate doesn’t appreciate this type of taste well may find it tough to deal with, especially during first tries. But, there’s nothing to worry about. Try one of these methods to help you mask its flavor and eventually get used to it.
Determining the Right Kratom Dosage for Anxiety
The proper dose of Kratom strains depends on various factors, including the user’s age, health, and condition. There is no specific information about the appropriate range of doses at the moment. Even natural products cannot always guarantee safe dosages.
In this case, consulting a physician or pharmacist would be the best thing to do. Make sure to follow the directions specified on labels before using them.
Although, there’s a dosage recommendation provided:
- Low Dose (1-5 grams) –provides mild, stimulating effects about in ten minutes. The effects could last from sixty to ninety minutes. Improved libido, heightened alertness and energy, increased amiability, and suppressed appetite are some of the benefits you’ll notice.
- Moderate to High Dose (5-15 grams) – provides medium to strong effects including drowsiness, analgesic, anxiolytic, cough clampdown, and reduced opioid withdrawal symptoms.
- High Dose (16-25 grams) – produces powerful, numbing effects. Inexperienced users should never opt for this amount of dosage; otherwise, potential risks can be triggered.
Remember that these dosages are taken once, twice, or thrice per day, and not a regular dose. Newbies should start with low to medium amount – on a teaspoonful. Depending on the effects or other crucial factors, the dosage could be increased, reduced, or repeated.
What’s The Best Dosage For First-Time Users?
Again, it differs between users. The effects vary among individuals. Kratom is just similar to any other pharmaceutical drugs or herbs, so begin with small quantities – around 1 to 1.5 grams.
First, take two to three grams on an unfilled stomach. Evaluate how you feel after twenty minutes or so. Take another one to two grams if you think you need a few more.
Again, evaluate how you feel after fifteen to thirty minutes. If there’s still no effect, take another 0.5 to two grams. You should expect to feel something by this point.
What’s the Best Dosage for Experienced Users?
Once your body get used to Kratom, you’ll notice that small portions won’t deliver effects at all. Your body will need more, therefore increasing your dosage quantity.
Experienced users may need about four to eight grams to achieve the desired result. Heavy users or more seasoned ones would require heavy dosages too. It could be eight grams or more.
Beware! Too Much Consumption Poses Danger…
Side effects are usually associated with drugs and herbs unless studied and tested. Because there is no extensive study about the substance yet, side effects have been reported by users and even medical experts.
- Sense of irritability, discomfort, and distress
- Sweating and dry mouth
- Appetite loss
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Increased urination
…and even induce serious side effects such as:
- Liver impairment
- Loss of muscle coordination either in the legs or arms, or both
Some of these negative effects might also due to prolonged use of Kratom. There are long-term effects for heavy users too, which commonly result in a liver problem. Signs include yellow eyes and skin, as well as strange urine color (dark-colored).
Kratom is generally a safe substance that can be taken by adult men and women who heavily suffer from anxiety. What causes these adverse effects vary – from overdosage to having a certain condition.
People who use it frequently and then stop taking it also contributes to some issues like watery eyes, negative mood fluctuations, muscle spasms or pain, fever, hot flashes, etc.
Those with alcohol addiction and uses Kratom at the same time have an increased risk of suicide than those who use the formula but are not alcohol dependent.
Using it while battling with mental disorders could worsen the condition too. If you are pregnant or a lactating mother, it’s better to stay on the safe side than take the risk.
Conclusion: Should You Take Kratom for Anxiety?
Kratom is an effective medicinal herb. Its benefits were unveiled during ancient years. Malay, Borneo, and Maeng are three of the best Kratom strains highly recommended and you can get them from your favorite kratom vendor, though proper dosage must strictly be implemented to exploit its full benefits. Too much of it can initiate various adverse reactions, ranging from mild to severely fatal.
It takes time to find the right dosage for your needs, and that’s alright. Note that pregnant, breastfeeding, and those with mental conditions should restrict from taking Kratom.
To ensure you’re getting the best result, seek help from medical experts. They are still your best source of knowledge towards getting the right treatment and attaining a superior life you deserve.