Fort Bend County Libraries’ Cinco Ranch Branch Library, 2620 Commercial Center Blvd in Katy, will present a variety of free, introductory computer classes this month. The classes will consist of a hands-on introduction to basic skills for people who would like to learn more about using these computer programs. All computer classes will take place in the Computer Lab of the library.
- “MS Word 2010 Survival Basics” will take place on Tuesday, March 6, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn the basics of using this word-processing software program to create letters, resumés, forms, and other types of documents.
- “MS Excel Survival Basics” will take place on Thursday, March 8, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn the basics of using this spreadsheet software program, which features calculation tools that are helpful for financial and statistical needs.
- “MS Word: Intermediate” will take place on Tuesday, March 13, beginning at 10:00 a.m. This class is for people who already have a basic understanding of MS Word, but would like to learn more advanced functions and tools in this word-processing software program.
- “MS Excel: Formulas & Functions” will take place on Thursday, March 15, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn how to use the formulas and functions features of this spreadsheet software program.
- “Open Computers Lab” – Friday, March 16, 12:00 noon-1:00 p.m. During this come-and-go session, library staff will provide one-on-one assistance for anyone who has basic questions about desk-top computers, lap-top computers, tablets, or e-readers. Reservations not required.
- “MS PowerPoint: Intermediate” will take place on Wednesday, March 28, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Understand this slideshow-presentation program even better by learning more advanced functions and tools.
The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however, and reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Events,” select “Cinco Ranch Branch Library,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-395-1311, or by visiting the library.