If you want a versatile massage tool that can help relax your legs, feet, glutes, and upper body, purchase a lacrosse ball! It sounds silly, but lacrosse balls have a hard and firm structure, making them ideal for easy self massages, which can help your muscles recover quicker.
Here are some massages that you can try with lacrosse balls
This massage targets your trapezius muscle, which you use whenever you move your arms. It’s a muscle that can often be overworked, so taking the time to give it a massage can be really beneficial.
- Stand with your back towards the wall.
- Put the lacrosse ball between your shoulder and the wall.
- Cross your arms.
- Move slowly up and down, finding spots that need to be worked.
- Move-in the ball in a way that feels good for you until your shoulder feels more relaxed.
Whether you’ve been hiking, running, or just have sore feet from everyday life, this easy massage can help.
- Sit down on the regular chair with your legs laid out straight and feet flat on the floor.
- Put a lacrosse ball underneath one foot.
- Slowly move your foot around on top of the ball, massaging the sole of your foot.
- Repeat on the other side.
You may feel the tension in your glute area if you’ve been doing a lot of squat exercises, or if you have been climbing or any other form of intense exercise. Here’s how to relieve it.
- Lie flat on the floor. Bend your knees.
- Put the lacrosse ball underneath your glutes.
- Move your glutes around on top of the ball.
- Move your knees outwards and inwards, finding a spot that feels good for you.
There are loads of ways to use lacrosse balls to ease any aching muscles. You can use the same concept as these examples to massage any area of your body where you feel the tension.