Fort Bend County Libraries’ Cinco Ranch Branch Library, 2620 Commercial Center Blvd in Katy, will present a variety of free, introductory computer classes this month. The classes will consist of a hands-on introduction to basic skills for people who would like to learn more about using these computer programs. All computer classes will take place in the Computer Lab of the library.
- “Computers 101” will take place on Monday, April 9, beginning at 12:00 noon.This class presents a basic, hands-on introduction to using computers.
- “MS Word 2010 Survival Basics” will take place on Tuesday, April 10, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn the basics of using this word-processing software program to create letters, resumés, forms, and other types of documents.
- “MS Excel: Pivot Tables” will take place on Thursday, April 12, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn how to use pivot tables, a powerful MS Excel tool that enables you to summarize, analyze, and present data.
- “Open Computers Lab” – Friday, April 20, 12:00 noon-1:00 p.m. During this come-and-go session, library staff will provide one-on-one assistance for anyone who has basic questions about desk-top computers, lap-top computers, tablets, or e-readers. Reservations not required.
- “Intro toGoogle Docs” will take place on Wednesday, April 25, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn how to set up a Google account and how to create and store documents online using the Google Docs application. If you already have a Google account, bring the related information with you.
The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however, and reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Events,” select “Cinco Ranch Branch Library,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-395-1311, or by visiting the library.