October 10, 2017 (Boerne, Texas) –
The 7th Annual Kendall County Wild Game Dinner will be held on November 4, 2017 at the Kendall County Youth Agriculture and Equestrian Center, located at 648 FM 289 in Comfort, just north of Boerne. Gates open at 4:00 pm, food service beginning at 6:00 pm.
With more than 20 cook teams coming from across the region, the Kendall County Wild Game Dinner is all about the food. The cooks are always asked to share recipes that at-home cooks can prepare, and bring a little wild game flavor to their dinner table. A favorite for football watch parties or family Sunday night supper, you might try Easy Venison Taco Pie.
Easy Venison Taco Pie Recipe
2-lbs ground venison
2 envelopes of taco seasoning
1/2 c. water
2 cans crescent rolls
12 oz. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
Optional diced or shredded taco toppings
- Brown and drain venison;
- Add taco mix, water and mix;
- Pat 2 cans of crescent rolls into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9X13 pan;
- Spread mixed venison on top of crescent rolls;
- Spread sour cream over venison;
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese;
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes;
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving;
- Top with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, diced onions, black olives or any other “taco” toppings you’d like.
The cook teams are the backbone of the Kendall County Wild Game Dinner, and they never disappoint. Event menu items include: Alligator, Chicken Fried Axis, Bacon Wrapped Nilgai and Quail, Wild Game Pizza and so much more that is likely to be bacon-wrapped, sizzled, seared or sautéed!
Tickets have sold-out the previous 6 years, so purchase yours early. See the event’s Facebook page for a list of locations to grab your tickets. The $20 ticket price covers the cost of admission and food. Beer and wine are sold separately.
Proceeds from the dinner will continue to fund scholarships and this year will benefit the Kendall County Youth Agriculture and Equestrian Center.
For additional information
Contact name: Beca Short
Phone: (210) 316-4297