Fort Bend County Libraries’ Cinco Ranch Branch Library, 2620 Commercial Center Blvd in Katy, will present a variety of free, introductory computer classes this month. The classes will consist of a hands-on introduction to basic skills for people who would like to learn more about using these computer programs. All computer classes will take place in the Computer Lab of the library.
- “MS Word 2010 Survival Basics” will take place on Tuesday, October 17, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn the basics of using this word-processing software program to create letters, resumés, forms, and other types of documents.
- “MS Excel: Formulas & Functions” will take place on Thursday, October 19, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn how to use these features of this spreadsheet software program.
- “MS Word: Intermediate” will take place on Tuesday, October 24, beginning at 10:00 a.m. This class is for people who already have a basic understanding of MS Word, but would like to learn more advanced functions and tools in this word-processing software program.
- “Web Development” will take place on Wednesday, October 25, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn how to design and publish your own customized website using online tools that are free and simple to use. Those attending this class should have a basic, working knowledge of computers.
- “MS Excel: Charts & Graphs” will take place on Thursday, October 26, beginning at 10:00 a.m. Learn how to use these features of this spreadsheet software program.
The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however, and reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Events,” select “Cinco Ranch Branch Library,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-395-1311, or by visiting the library.