Fort Bend County Libraries’ Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library, located at 8100 FM 359 South in Fulshear, presents a variety of free children’s programs this summer. Families with children of all ages are invited to join in the fun and earn rewards through FBCL’s Summer Reading Challenge!
Craft packets will be given out at the end of each program, so that children may take them home to enjoy.
Family Story Time takes place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, beginning at 10:30 am, in the Meeting Room. Families with children of all ages will enjoy stories, songs, and action rhymes. Each week has a different theme. The schedule for June is as follows:
- June 1 – NO PROGRAM
- June 7 and 8 – Summer
- June 14 and 15 – Dads
- June 21 and 22 – Oceans
- June 28 and 29 – Alligators/Crocs
The School-Age Programs – crafts, stories, and more for school-aged children in grades K through 5 — begin at 3:00 pm every Tuesday during the summer. These programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
- June 7 – Inventive Minds (co-sponsored by the Children’s Museum of Houston) In these fun-filled S.T.E.M. activities, see how a boat floats, invent a tool, take a test flight, and more!
- June 14 – Drum & Strum (presented by JAWAD) Enjoy an interactive performance featuring rhythm and melody through the use of voice, drum, banjo, and guitar.
- June 21 – Tin-Foil Art. Create a colorful, abstract piece of art.
- June 28 – LEGO® Day. Imagine it, construct it, and have fun with free-style LEGO building.
The Middle School Program — “Painted Coasters” — will take place on Thursday, June 30, beginning at 3:00 pm, in the Meeting Room. This program is for youth in grades 6 through 8. Those attending this program will use their creativity to design a ceramic-tile coaster. Materials for this program are made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library.
These programs are free and open to the public. For more information, see the Fort Bend County Libraries website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), or call the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library (281-633-4675) or the library system’s Communications Office (281-633-4734).