Foot healthcare is highlighted every April during National Foot Health Awareness month. According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, approximately 20 percent of the U.S. population has at least one foot problem annually. Your Total Foot Care Specialist would like to remind the public that foot pain is not normal.
“Foot and ankle pain is too often ignored,” said Dr. James Jacobs, Medical Director, Your Total Foot Care Specialist. “With 26 bones plus 33 joints, our feet serve as the foundation for the rest of our body, and foot pain can affect the knees, hips and even the lower back. One of the goals of Your Total Foot Care Specialist is to underscore how annual foot exams can lead to a better quality of life and may also help detect the onset of other life-threatening diseases.”
Your Total Foot Care Specialist offers cutting edge, state of the art diagnostic testing and treatment options in office to help identify potential health problems and early symptoms of serious. We are the only podiatrists in the Katy area to provide these services.
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) testing is indicated for those with associated risk factors and can provide immediate results to identify a Normal, Borderline or Severe risk for PAD. Left untreated, the five-year mortality rate for patients with PAD is over 30%.
- Diabetic Sensory Insoles use advanced remote monitoring technology. These customized inserts empower people with diabetes to maintain mobility by helping prevent diabetic foot ulcers and limb loss through advanced pressure, temperature, and movement sensor analytics.
- Neuropathy testing is a simple, non-invasive, pain-free, test to measure neuropathy and track its progression. This innovative test is used for early detection and prevention of neuropathy.
- Biological treatments provide a natural treatment option using amniotic liquid allograft for treating soft tissue pain and inflammation safely and effectively, while promoting regeneration of our bodies to their optimal health. Conditions treated by our biologic treatments include plantar fasciitis, arthritis, and tendinitis.
- Laser therapy is a non-invasive treatment option using specific, safe wavelengths of light to treat painful conditions. Laser therapy stimulates inter-cellular activity to reduce pain and speed recovery of any damaged cells. Our FDA cleared MLS has shown successful results in our office with over 90% of patients experiencing pain relief.
- Diabetic Shoes are a proven and effective approach to combat diabetic amputations. Our doctors can ensure correct sizing and fit to ensure proper protection against diseases, ulcers, or sores. Custom inserts provide the foot with the support needed to alleviate pressure points that can lead to ulcers.