Farmers Market Partners-Missouri City, a local hub for vendors and farmers to showcase their products and produce, will officially launch its 2021 season on Saturday, Jan. 16 at 5855 Sienna Springs Way.
“We are looking forward to serving Missouri City and surrounding communities in our fourth year,” said Thomasine Johnson, owner of Farmers Market Partners and Missouri City resident. “Despite the challenges we faced in 2020 with the pandemic, the Farmers Market did remarkably well. I’m particularly grateful to our vendors and patrons and would like to extend a special thanks to our advisory board members for their guidance and support.”
The Farmers Market Partners advisory board includes a list of local business owners and community leaders who help steer the direction and set the vision for the market. Those serving on the advisory board include:
- Allison Bond, Johnson Development Corporation
- Rosa Bryant, Greenlight Lawn and Landscape
- Lynn Clouser, Missouri City Council Member at Large 2
- Laura Frnka-Davis, LFD Communications
- Tom Fulton, AFCO Satellite Systems
- Arlene Holiday, Lowes
- Jean Jerauld, community activist
- Jincy Jose, Fort Bend Promos
- Ken Meeks, local pastor and community activist
- Sylvia Mendiola, Pico de Salsas
- Teeba Rose, keynote motivational speaker and author
The market, which is open every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. provides organic and locally grown vegetables, fruits, baked goods, honey, artisan foods, fresh eggs, olive oil, food trucks, and much more.
Farmers Market Partners will continue to have its COVID-19 guidelines in place to help keep customers, vendors, and staff safe. Vendors and customers must wear masks, be vigilant about hand hygiene, and social distance from each other.
For more information about Farmers Market Partners-Missouri City, visit www.FarmersMarketPartners.com.