OakBend Medical Center has revised its visitation policy in concert with other major hospital systems in the Houston area in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as noted below. These changes will remain in effect until further notice.
Effective December 1st, 2020 there will be no visitors allowed to enter our facilities, with the following exceptions:
• Labor and Delivery patients are allowed one significant other.
• One person per patient at the time of discharge following a surgery or procedure.
• Immediate family members (2 allowed) for patients in hospice or end of life situations for a brief visit.
• Disabled or impaired patients or other patients that need medical assistance are allowed one caretaker.
• Patients that are minors are allowed one caretaker.
Rules for visitors:
• All visitors must be healthy and above 18 years of age.
• A rotation of visitors is not allowed, only a single visitor is allowed.
• Everyone must wear a mask at all times at OakBend facilities. Cloth masks are not allowed. Patients and visitors will be provided a surgical mask upon entry to facility.
• No visitors allowed for patients in isolation rooms under any circumstances.
• No visitors allowed in ERs and Skilled Nursing Facility until further notice.
Any permitted visitors per this policy will be screened before being allowed to enter.
Patients should be encouraged to communicate with family and friends via virtual visits through their personal devices.
We have not made this decision lightly. Our patients, community and our staff are very important to us. We understand that this will be a difficult change for our patients and their loved ones. However, the rapidly increasing number of COVID-19 patients in the Greater Houston area makes this necessary.