Greater Houston area Walmart store improvements complement retailer’s measures to help protect customers and associates from the impact of COVID-19
Houston-area residents will soon get a first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenters, as the much-anticipated projects are now complete. The remodels include several department transformations and the expansion of innovations that will help customers save time and benefit Walmart+ customers, especially during the upcoming holiday season. The upgrades also complement the measures the company has taken in its U.S. stores to help protect associates and customers from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are excited for Houston customers to visit our newly remodeled Supercenter that is going to make their shopping fast and easy,” said Zain Mariscal, manager of Walmart store #2257 in North Houston. “These upgrades add even greater convenience while also keeping safety top of mind.”
Store Improvements and Customer-Focused Innovations:
Customers across the Greater Houston area, including in Katy, Sugar Land, Humble, Baytown, and Port Lavaca, will benefit from these store-wide renovations, such as a complete reinvention of the beer and wine section, expanded grocery offerings, improved electronics and tech department, and upgraded apparel areas and fitting rooms. Shoppers will also be able to seamlessly navigate the stores with the new Walmart+ app and the scan-and-go feature.
Houstonians will enjoy these improvements and more at the following local Walmart Supercenters:
- 13484 Northwest Fwy, Houston, TX, 77040
- 6060 N Fry Rd, Katy, TX, 77449
- 345 Hwy 6, Sugar Land, TX, 77478
- 9235 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Humble, TX, 77396
- 4900 Garth Rd, Baytown, TX, 77521
- 400 Tiney Browning Blvd, Port Lavaca, TX, 77979
“We’re always trying to make our customers’ lives easier,” said Dave Ford, manager of Walmart store #4538 in Katy. “We welcome the Katy community to see the improvements throughout the store and try out Walmart+ and our express delivery services.”
Walmart recently rolled out Walmart+, its new membership program, to 4,700 stores including these newly remodeled Walmart stores in the Greater Houston area. Walmart+ offers customers unlimited free delivery on everything from groceries to tech, fuels discounts at nearly 2,000 Walmart, Murphy USA and Murphy Express fuel stations, and access to Walmart’s quick and convenient Scan & Go technology which allows customers to scan their items as they shop in-store and pay using the Walmart app for a touch-free payment experience.
Walmart will continue to innovate to help customers save time and money by giving them the option to shop when, where, and how they want, including:
- Pickup – Busy customers love Walmart’s pickup option. It gives them the convenience of shopping online and the ease of quickly picking up groceries without having to leave their cars. The best part: there is no fee to use Walmart Grocery Pickup. Customers shopping using SNAP also have the option to use pickup services in most states.
- Delivery – Walmart’s convenient delivery service is also proving to be a hit with customers. Even more, Walmart has now made both pickup and delivery contact free.
- Express delivery – customers now have the option to have their deliveries made in under two hours.
- Walmart Pay – a touch-free way to pay.
Meeting the Challenges of COVID-19
As an essential business, and a member of the Houston community, we understand the role we play in providing our customers with food, medicine and other essential items during this unique time.
Along with the upgrades to the store, we will continue to help protect our associates and customers from the impact of COVID-19 through the extensive measures we put in place earlier this year at this store, and those around the country, including:
- Enacting deep-cleaning and sanitizing protocols with guidance from the CDC, which includes a thorough cleaning of key areas of the store (Front entrance, carts, registers, and bathrooms etc.).
- Conducting health screenings and temperature checks on our associates prior to them beginning their shifts.
- Requiring all associates to wear Walmart-issued or otherwise approved masks at all times.
- Adding sneeze guards to our checkout lanes and pharmacy areas.
- Installing floor decals at the entrances and in checkout lanes to support social distancing.
- Adjusted operating hours (7 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) to help associates restock shelves while continuing to clean and sanitize the store.
- Enacting an emergency leave policy for associates who are unable or uncomfortable coming to work.
- Continuing to stress our requirement that those customers who can wear protective facial coverings while inside the building do so.
- If you are age 60 and up, self-quarantining, high-risk, or have tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19), many stores are offering Pharmacy pickup & delivery services to help you get the medication you need. (Note: Not all options may be available at all stores.)
- Drive-Thru: More than 1300 Walmart stores have pharmacy drive-thru service across the country.
- No-Contact Curbside Pickup: We can bring your prescription right out to your car using a no-contact method.
- Mail Delivery: If you can’t make it to a local store, we’ll deliver medication to your door.
Additional measures are in place as needed to comply with state and local ordinances. More details can be found at: https://corporate.walmart.com/here-for-you