With the launch of phase two of Texas’ reopen of restaurants and bars, many restaurants are opening their doors.— just in time for Memorial Day specials too! Read on to see which of your favorites are open.
- Brennan’s of Houston returns 5/22 @5pm. Hours will be Tue.-Sun., 5-9 p.m. and their beloved Jazz Sunday Brunch resumes May 31, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Brennan’s have made sure to implement strict sanitizing and cleaning standards per CDC and TRA guidelines. Social distancing, one time use menus, and more. Reservations encouraged and mask usage from guest is requested when not dining. Not quite ready to dine in? They are keeping the festivities going with plenty of take out specials from their “To Geaux” menu. Including new daily specials like fried chicken meals, stuffed red snapper, and more! New COCKTAIL KITS and BANANAS FOSTER KITS available too for Brennan’s fun at home. They have also opened their ONLINE WINE CELLAR NOW OPEN boasting over 2000 wines to those toasting at home. Don’t forget about their offerings at many local H-E-B stores!
- Dish Society – all locations now open including La Centerra location. This farm fresh staple has five locations throughout the Houston and Katy area. Enjoy dining al fresco on their patio with peace of mind. They’ve installed multiple hand washing stations, implemented QR menus and ordering, and are sanitizing around the clock. To support their local farmers, they are continuing their Virtual Farmer’s Market! Grab you a box and see what’s goodness is growing for the summer. In honor of the national day of remembrance, Dish Society will host a Monday brunch until 3 p.m. at all location on 5/25.
- Molina’s Cantina — both locations of Houston’s oldest family owned Tex-Amex restaurant are open! They’ve been serving up classic favorites since 1941, and are now back in business. They have also launched a nifty online ordering system for easy curbside pick up— which includes Margaritas too! Speaking of, their famous margaritas are only $6.50 5/22 – 5/26 in honor of Memorial Day weekend.
- Phat Eatery— a Katy Asian Town staple! This Malaysian food destination is boasting special after special for both dining in and take out. In addition to their regular menu of heavy hitters, they are cooking up Malaysian Curry Crawfish Mon.-Thu., $4.99/lb; Fri.-Mon., 2lb for $11.99, 5lb for $24.99 and 10lb for $45.99 with a complimentary bottle of locally brewed iBurn hot sauce. For a limited time, you can even get BOGO Entrees for dine in customers! Via their website, they offer delivery within a limited range in Katy. Order over $50 worth and get a special Good Vibes t-shirt! Also, don’t forget their homemade ice cream.
- Mala Sichuan— all locations open, Katy too. Award winning Mala Sichuan joins many other restaurants newly reopening their doors. Many have missed dining in their multiple locations— located in Katy Asian Town, Bellaire, and Montrose. To help cool down during a spicy Sichuan meal, they are offering 20% off all beer and wine, curated by award winning sommelier Justin Vann of Public Services Whisky Bar.
- Bernie’s Burger Bus— Bellaire location only. The Katy location is not quite open just yet, but a trip to Bellaire is well worth it for one of these loaded burgers piled high with homemade condiments and toppings. Their website is offers delivery and curbside pick up too! Want to spend some time soaking up the sun during Memorial Day Weekend? Their patio is open for business!