Fort Bend County Libraries’ Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library, 8100 FM 359 South in Fulshear, presents a variety of free children’s programs — Toddler Time, Story Time, School-Age Programs, and Middle School Programs — every month during the summer. These programs are free and open to the public. The summer schedule is as follows:
Toddler Time — Tuesdays at 10:15 a.m. — offers caregiver/child activities, stories and songs for older babies, from 1 to 3 years of age. Program dates are June 4, 11, 18, and 25.
Pre-school children, 3 to 6 years of age, will enjoy Story Time, where they hear stories, watch movies, and participate in age-appropriate craft activities, beginning at 10:15 a.m. each Wednesday. Program dates are June 5, 12, 19, and 26.
The School-Age Programs — crafts, movies, stories, and more for school-aged children in grades 1 through 5 — begin at 3:00 p.m. every Tuesday during the summer. These programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
- June 4– Cookies & Crafts.
- June 11– Amazing Magical Balloon Show (presented by Rob Holladay)
- June 18– Take Me to Your Readers! (presented by Julian Franklin)Explore makerspace concepts, robots, and fun during this puppet magic show!
- June 25– Sound Space with Mr. Tom! (presented by Tom’s Fun Band)Take a sound journey with various instruments and explore how sound is made on earth and in space.
The Middle School Programs, which begin at 3:00 pm every Thursday in the summer, is designed for youth in grades 6 through 8. Materials for these programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
- June 6– 3D Origami. Construct geometric designs using modular origami.
- June 13– Light-Box Circuitry. Design a colorful light box using circuitry science.
- June 20– Tailor-Made Terrariums. Create an individual terrarium.
- June 27– Embossed String Art. Design a colorful, abstract piece of art with string!
For more information, please call the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library at 281-633-4675 or the library system’s Communications Office at 281-633-4734.