McDonald’s restaurants across the state of Texas will hire 26,500 this summer, with 3,000 of those jobs right here in the Greater Houston area. McDonald’s is committed to being America’s best first job and that starts with how they invest in their employees. In addition to developing skills like responsibility, customer service and teamwork, employees have access to tuition assistance and English language classes through the Archways to Opportunity program.
McDonald’s Houston has partnered with Mayor Sylvester Turner to create and present a series of summer job fairs, which are now a cornerstone of the city’s Hire Houston Youth program. Offering on-the-spot interviews, the hiring events also provide resources for clothing and transportation, and give students aged 16 to 24 the opportunity to learn about financial literacy, available scholarships and interviewing skills. The Mayor’s initiative will employ 10,000 youth this summer. The remaining Hire Houston Youth Job and Resource Fair locations and dates are:
- May 4 “McDonald’s On-The-Spot Hiring Event”, 10am – 2pm | Fifth Ward Multi-Service Center, 4014 Market Street, Houston, TX 77020
- May 18, 10am – 2pm | Lonestar College: Victory Center, 4141 Victory Drive, Houston, TX 77088
- June 1, 10am – 2pm | BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown, 6500 Rookin Street, Houston, TX 77074
- June 8, 10am – 2pm |George R. Brown Convention Center, 1001 Avenida De Las Americas, Houston, TX 77010
- July 13, 10am – 2pm | Houston Community College – Southeast, 6815 Rustic Street, Houston, TX 77087