Fort Bend County Libraries’ Cinco Ranch Branch Library, 2620 Commercial Center Blvd in Katy, will present a variety of free, introductory computer classes this month. The classes will consist of a hands-on introduction to basic skills for people who would like to learn more about using these computer programs. All computer classes will take place in the Computer Lab of the library.
- “Computers 101” will take place on Friday, March 1, beginning at 12:15 p.m. This class presents a basic, hands-on introduction to using computers.
- “MS Word 2016 Survival Basics” will take place on Tuesday, March 5, beginning at 10:15 a.m. Learn the basics of using this word-processing software program to create letters, resumés, forms, and other types of documents.
- “MS Excel 2016 Survival Basics” will take place on Thursday, March 7, beginning at 10:15 a.m. Learn the basics of using this spreadsheet software program, which features calculation tools that are helpful for financial and statistical needs.
- “Database DIY Resources” will take place on Monday, March 11, beginning at 12:15 p.m.
- “MS Excel 2016: Formulas” will take place on Thursday, March 14, beginning at 10:15 a.m.Learn how to use the formulas feature of this spreadsheet software program.
- “MS PowerPoint: Intermediate” will take place on Wednesday, March 27, beginning at 10:15 a.m. Learn the basics of using this slideshow-presentation software program.
The classes are free and open to the public. Seating is limited, however, and reservations are required. To register online at the library’s website (www.fortbend.lib.tx.us), click on “Events,” select “Cinco Ranch Branch Library,” and find the program. Participants may also register by calling the library at 281-395-1311, or by visiting the library.