Council Authorizes Waterline Replacement Project

By George Slaughter

The Katy City Council Monday night authorized an agreement with HTI Construction of Rosenberg for a waterline replacement project.

Streets where the crews will work include Bhandara Court, Cedar Street, Heritage Drive, Jessica Court, and Zareen Lane.

The project is worth $579,410. Of this amount, $357,410, or 62%, will come from the city’s reserve water and sewer enterprise fund. The remaining $444,000, or 38%, will come from the city’s 2018-2019 budget.

City engineer Dave Leyendecker said if there are no significant weather issues, the city expects to complete the project in six months.

The waterline replacement project was one of two water-related agreements the council authorized Monday night. The other, for $126,254, is with Aranda Industries for a storm sewer project for Bartlett Road and Sanford Street.

In other action, the council:

  • Approved the minutes for the November 8, November 15, November 26, December 10, January 10, and January 14 council meetings.
  • Approved the Houston Racing Sprint Triathlon, set for May 18.
  • Approved the Jeff & Brede’s Triathlon, set for June 23.
  • Approved a $270 dues payment to the Texas Downtown Association.
  • Passed an ordinance appointing Julie Barta and Debbie Berger as emeritus board members to the Keep Katy Beautiful Board.
  • Passed an ordinance to update the job description of fire battalion chief.