AUSTIN, Texas – Eligible Hurricane Harvey survivors receiving Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) may receive an extension to stay in hotels until June 30, with check-out on July 1, as they continue working toward a permanent housing solution. This is the seventh and final extension of the temporary sheltering program.
- May 31 – Last day of eligibility under current extension period
- June 30 – End of approved extension period
- July 1 – Final check-out of the TSA program
Prior to May 31, disaster survivors participating in TSA will receive a phone call message advising them if they have continued eligibility for this extension in a participating hotel. Notification calls will be made to all applicants.
Survivors in hotels who are unsure of their continued TSA eligibility can:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711 or VRS) or 800-462-7585 (TTY).
- Log into their account on disasterassistance.gov/.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC); for DRC locations and hours go to fema.gov/DRC.
- Ask the hotel to look in the lodging web portal to see whether they have eligibility beyond the current check-out date of June 1.
Recovery partners at all levels are working together to ensure remaining hotel participants are getting the support they need in the form of information, available financial resources and guidance as they transition out of the temporary sheltering program.
Survivors can find an extensive list of local, state and federal resources at:
For more information on Hurricane Harvey and Texas recovery, visit the Hurricane Harvey disaster web page at www.fema.gov/disaster/4332 or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FEMAharvey, the FEMA Region 6 Twitter account at twitter.com/FEMARegion6 or the Texas Division of Emergency Management website at www.dps.texas.gov/dem/.