By George SlaughterThe Katy City Council Monday night awarded a $373,175 to AAA Asphalt Paving of Houston for street rehabilitation work.
Streets to be rehabilitated include:
- Clemson Street
- 5th Street from East Avenue to Katy Fort Bend Road
- Bartlett Road from Buffalo Bend to Franz Road, and from Buffalo Bend South and East, 10th Street
- Iris, Dahlia, and Delfren Streets and Avenue A
- Pin Oak road/Nelson Street Intersection
- Bartlett Street/Mert Drive Intersection
The total bid, which includes contingencies, engineering, surveying, and inspection, is for $448,194.
In a letter to the city council urging awarding the bid, City Engineer David Leyendecker said that the bid is significantly under the amount budgeted for the project. He said city staff might request change orders to include other streets needing work.In other action, the council:
- Presented an Above & Beyond Certificate to Catcher’ s University Baseball 12U for its runner-up finish in the 2018 Nations World Series 12U.
- Issued a proclamation designating July as Parks & Recreation Month in Katy.
- Approved the minutes for the June 11 and June 25 council meetings.
- Approved the 6.53-acre final plat for the Fifth Street Church of Christ.
- Adopted a resolution authorizing the issuance of up to $4.8 million in tax road bonds by Fort Bend-Waller Counties Municipal Utility District #3.
- Passed an ordinance to add a stop sign at the intersection of Franz Road & Bartlett Road for the duration of a construction project taking place there. The sign must be removed by July 23, 2019.