Fort Bend County Libraries’ Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library, 8100 FM 359 South in Fulshear, presents a variety of free children’s programs — Toddler Time, Story Time, School-Age Programs, and Middle School Programs — every month during the summer. These programs are free and open to the public. The summer schedule is as follows:
Toddler Time — Tuesdays at 10:15 a.m. — offers caregiver/child activities, stories and songs for older babies, from 12 to 36 months of age. Program dates are June 5, 12, 19, and 26.
Pre-school children, 3 to 6 years of age, will enjoy Story Time, where they hear stories, watch movies, and participate in age-appropriate craft activities, beginning at 10:15 a.m. each Wednesday. Program dates are June 6, 13, 20, and 27.
The School-Age Programs — crafts, movies, stories, and more for school-aged children in grades 1 through 5 — begin at 3:00 p.m. every Tuesday during the summer. These programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
- June 5– Adventures in Storyland.(presented by Young Audiences of Houston). Join Dante, a “Teller of Tales,” on an exciting and interactive voyage to the Land of Stories. With his magic flute, Dante recounts stirring tales from various lands, exploring the traditions of several cultures. Each story includes a lesson about understanding differences and finding the good in all. Children participate in the tales with movement and voice, so by the end of the program, they feel like they have become storytellers themselves!
- June 12– Reading Rocks: Dr. Seuss Tribute & Magic Show (presented by Julian Franklin)
- June 19– Cool Chemistry! (presented by Houston Museum of Natural Science)Enjoy exciting demonstrations of physical science and chemical reactions!
- June 26– Barnyard Round-Up! (presented by Blessington Farms)Fun, educational, hands-on activities will showcase a variety of animals.
The Middle School Programs, which begin at 3:00 p.m. every Thursday in the summer, is designed for youth in grades 6 through 8. Materials for these programs are generously made possible by the Friends of the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library. The June schedule is as follows:
- June 7– Library Rocks!Create painted mandala designs on rocks, or “rock out” with Guitar Hero!
- June 14– Drawing Academy.Learn how to draw some familiar characters!
- June 21– Repurposed Puppetry. Use recycled materials to make a puppet!
- June 28– Art in Oils. Experiment with various artistic mediums to create a masterpiece!
For more information, please call the Bob Lutts Fulshear/Simonton Branch Library at 281-633-4675 or the library system’s Communications Office at 281-633-4734.