(Harris County, TX) – Do you or anyone you know need help during times of an emergency or natural disaster? Then register with the State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry (STEAR) program, a free registry that provides local emergency planners and responders with additional information on the needs in their community.
Texas communities use the registry information in different ways. Registering with STEAR does not guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services vary by community.
Who Should Register?
- People with disabilities
- People who have limited mobility
- People who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
How do I Register?
- Register online at https://STEAR.dps.texas.gov
- Dial 2-1-1 or use your video telephone relay option of choice to contact 211 at 877-541-7905
What Information do I Need to Provide?
- Phone number
- Primary language
You also may be asked about:
- An emergency contact
- If you have a caregiver
- About your pets
- Your transportation situation
- Any communication barriers
- If you have a disability and functional or medical needs
Do not delay, register ahead of hurricane season. Registration is voluntary and all of the information you provide will be kept completely confidential.
Register with STEAR if you have access and functional needs or live in an evacuation zone and will need transportation.