Step into a world alive with action and experience Newton’s Laws of Motion in Discovery Center’s exciting new exhibit
Debuts Feb. 3, 2018
(Just in time for Xtreme Spring Break!)
Whether a rocket scientist or a dancer, we are all governed by the laws of motion. But, how well do you really understand these laws which cannot be broken?
You’re invited to engage in exciting, educational activities which will help you understand the physics associated with the laws of motion!
Come step into a world alive with action as you delve into force, friction, momentum, gravity, aerodynamics and speed in the all-new Newton Know-How! exhibit debuting Feb. 3, 2018 at the Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center.
- Testing methods to get golf ball trains through the Golf Ball Roller Coaster.
- Accelerating balls using gravity on the Spiral.
- Building a domino pattern and watching dominoes fall in a chain reaction on a Domino Table.
- Using angular momentum to defy gravity at Top Spinning.
- Solving puzzles using a variety of objects in the Osmo Newton interactive app while learning the basics of physics and how objects interact with each other.
- Building and designing five different activities using the Motion Makingsself-guided station while experiencing the Laws of Motion, and concepts such as friction, force, and aerodynamics.
Newton Know-How! will open nearly a month before the Discovery Center’s Xtreme Spring Break, which will have you on the edge of your seat with gravity-defying entertainment, special appearances and interactive activities, from March 10 to 17.