FORT BEND COUNTY, TX – Fort Bend County local officials, along with state and federal officials, met with Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush on November 28, 2017, to learn about assistance available to flood victims of Harvey. Heather Lagrone, Deputy Director for the Community Development and Revitalization program with the General Land Office (GLO), described the five new programs available for those in need of assistance.
- Multi-Family Lease and Repair – Direct assistance to repair or improve existing multi-family housing
- Direct Leasing – Enables local governments to lease properties typically unavailable to the public
- Manufactured Housing Options – Mobile Homes and Recreational Vehicles
- Direct Assistance for Limited Home Repair – (DALHR) Provides permanent repairs to homes with significant damage
- Partial Repair and Essential Power for Sheltering – (PREPS) provides minor repairs to homes in locations with limited housing
The deadline to apply for disaster assistance is November 30, 2017. Those interested in applying should visit disasterassistance.gov to register with FEMA. For information on available programs, please visit texasrebuilds.com.