(HOUSTON, TX) – The Southeast Texas Regional Advisory Council (SETRAC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services are holding the 2017 Regional Healthcare Preparedness Coalition (RHPC) Symposium October 11-13 at the Galveston Island Convention Center.
This year’s symposium brings together emergency management and healthcare professionals that will share their experiences and lessons learned from Hurricane Harvey, Paris Terrorist Attacks, Thailand bombings, and local active shooter response.
Who: Photo and interview opportunities will be available with symposium organizers, participants and guests speakers including:
- Darrell Pile, Chief Executive Officer, SETRAC
- Lori Upton, Regional Director of Emergency Management Operations, SETRAC
- Dr. Victor Basset and Dr. Pourya Pashootan, St. Louis Hospital, Paris France
- Dr. David Marcozzi, University of Maryland Medical Center
- Dr. David Persse, City of Houston EMS Physician Director
- Mark Sloan, Harris County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
What: 2017 RHPC Preparedness Symposium
Response assets on display include the American Medical Response-Water Rescue Boat, Atascocita Fire Department Medical Unit Rehab Crew Trailer, Galveston Fire Department Dive Truck, Harris County Public Health Command Vehicle, and Houston Fire Department Ambus.
When: Wednesday, October 11th and Thursday, October 12th
8 a.m. – noon
Where: Galveston Island Convention Center
5600 Seawall Boulevard
Galveston, Texas 77551
On-site media point of contact: Francisco Sánchez, (832) 722-8485.
This symposium is the only preparedness event in the region focused on the unique needs of the healthcare community and how it aligns response planning with the broader stakeholders. Sessions will focus on relationship building, plan integration, regulatory requirements, communication, partnerships, and coalition building.