Posted February 14, 2017 8:10:45 AM CST
PARA PUBLICACION INMEDIATA
A line of storms is moving through our area today, as has been widely publicized.
This storm could bring isolated rainfall of up to 5 inches, small hail, brief tornadoes, and damaging winds.
- Remove all outdoor items which can be tossed by strong wind gusts and secure them.
- Be prepared to stay in place if dangerous flooding occurs in your area.
- Communicate with your family ahead of time about what to do if you cannot get home at a normal time due to the heavy rain.
- Have a plan to shelter-in-place at your home, school or business.
- If a TORNADO WARNING is issued for your area, seek shelter immediately in an interior room on the lowest floor possible.
- If a FLASH FLOOD WARNING is issued for your area, seek higher ground and avoid travel until the warning expires.
You can report severe weather events to the National Weather Service here: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/StormReport/SubmitReport.php?site=hgx